Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Stories Pictures Tell

Welcome to my newest blog, Stories Pictures Tell.

I wanted to create this blog to showcase my photos, especially those in my ETSY shop and those I have featured on Fine Art America.  My ETSY address is:   https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=hdr_shop_menu.

My Fine Art America shop is:    http://fineartamerica.com/artists/1+cheryl+dean

However, I also wanted to be able to tell the story behind certain photos.  I must admit that sometimes I just stick my camera out of the car window and point and shoot.  I'd say I do that 90% of the time.  Other times I DO actually THINK about what I'm seeing and what story it could tell.  I only do that about 10% of the time.  So, for every 100 photos, 90 are "point and shoot" and 10 would be more thoughtful.  I have no idea if this is a rational ratio or not.   There are some truly gifted photographers.  I guess I'm a frustrated wanna be photographer who, at this age, is too lazy to go to combat zones or physically challenging spots around the world.

So, I'm limited to where I travel with my husband.

Some of these photos go back to 2000.  A few will go back even further.  I have boxes and boxes of my parents' family photos and I'll be talking about some of those here, too.

So, come on in, grab a chair and a cup of coffee or tea, and sit a while!

WELCOME!
~Cheryl Ann~

No comments:

Post a Comment